Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Gearing Up for NaNoWriMo


Hello all,

I'm currently gearing up for NaNoWriMo, while putting the finishing touches on a submission to a small publisher for my first book series.

So I've been very busy, and that may account for the sad lack of posts here over the past month.

But I have a Question for You:

Are you doing NaNoWriMo? Do you even know what it is?

Here's a quick synopsis of the story I'm outlining for this next month's writing frenzy:

The Green Door

Anne's brilliant grandfather Professor Tom Shakleman is building a dimension door to get his family home. But something is wrong with his calculations. This new door leads them, not back to Earth, but to a dimension where humans live in small villages and every outsider is an enemy to kill.

If that weren't enough to chill the blood of a fearful young adult, Toxins released into the atmosphere decades ago killed off everyone not living in the mountainous regions. As the toxins dissipated, however, an unexpected side-effect made descending into the valleys more deadly than the toxins - the plantlife has become sentient. And it's not happy.

Tell me what you think, and if you'll join with me in writing 50,000 words of a novel next month in November!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment